SearchERIC.org offers the following ERIC databases:
- On-Demand - A subset of the documents in the RIE database that is available in Full-text on-demand.
- 1990 - The complete set of RIE and CIJE citations prepared by all clearinghouses since 1990.
- 1966-1989 - The complete set of RIE and CIJE citations prepared by all clearinghouses prior to 1990.
- ERIC Digests - Briefing papers prepared by the ERIC System.
ERIC produces two databases:
- Resources in Education - This database contains abstracts of conference papers, reports, as well as other material submitted to ERIC, typically by individual authors or their host institution. Usually you will be able to obtain copies through the ERIC Document Reproduction Service, either on microfiche, in print, or electronically.
- Current Index to Journals in Education - This database contains abstracts of education-related journal articles. You can obtain copies of these papers through academic libaraies, inter-library loan, or Journal reprint services such as Institute for Scientific Information.
Almost all of the conference papers and reports accepted for inclusion in ERIC's Resources in Education database since 1993 are now available on-line in full text - on demand.
If your host institution is an E*subscribe customer, documents will be available free to you when you search from a registered IP address (e.g. on-campus) or valid E*Subscribe user name and password. If your host institution is not a subscriber, you may pay for your documents with a credit card or EDRS deposit account. Access is immediate for documents resident in the ERIC electronic archive (85% of electronically releasable documents; over 50,000 documents). Older documents from 1993-1994 may require conversion to electronic format and take 2 - 3 days for order fulfillment.
To better serve users of ERIC information, the ERIC Document Reproduction Service (EDRS) has established E*Subscribe, which is an on-line subscription service meant for research libraries, schools and other institutions. The E*Subscribe service provides unlimited access to ERIC document images from 1996 to the current Resources in Education (RIE) issue. Subscribers of E*Subscribe also have the option to obtain electronic documents from 1995 and 1994 as add-ons to their base subscription. ERIC users with specialized information needs may subscribe to individual Clearinghouse collections, which are subject-specific subsets of the full ERIC database.
You can search ERIC database on-line and link to ERIC full text documents through the ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation (http://ericae.net), SilverPlatter's WebSPIRS, or Ovid Online. University personnel should also check their school library's online offerings.
Digests are short reports that synthesize research and ideas about emerging issues in education. These digests are designed to aid members of the educational community so that they may keep up with new trends and developments. ERIC Digests are in the public domain and may be freely copied and distributed. Each digest goes through several rounds of editing and review and are about 4 pages long.